Jing's Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jing's Castle

Jing Chang International English Forum - Jing's Castle

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jing's International Forum a.k.a Jing's Castle
Please register to access all of Jing's updated news, pics, vids etc. !!! contact minchong92 by PM as a guest if you have registering problems...

[QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users

Go down 
+2
siaheer
choco-late
6 posters
AuthorMessage
choco-late
Castle Admin – Chief of Staff
choco-late

[QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Empty
PostSubject: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:21 pm

So far I have 2 users who sent me an message saying they didn't receive their activation email once they register therefore they can't login.

I was just wondering, asking the other admins, how can I help them? And how we could re-send them an activation email?
Back to top Go down
http://zyjdownloads.blogspot.com/
siaheer
Squire
Squire
siaheer

PostSubject: Re: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Oh i had one too. I mean a user who pm-ed me. I just send her/him an email, asking her/him to try again. silent Cos i dont know what to tell her,XD and minchong not online so, cant ask her. So any admins?
Back to top Go down
http://siaheerblackandwhite.blogspot.com
wendy
Forum Moderator – Imperial Guard
wendy

PostSubject: Re: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:31 pm

i've got one too
she/he said she/he had tried one week already, but didn't receive any activation e-mails.
i want to help them Smile
Back to top Go down
minchong92
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:54 pm

I've been getting either pms or emails about this (forumotion has flaws unfortunately -_-),

for admins, if you go to the admin panel and then you go to Users and Groups...under Inactive Users, there's a whole list of users who haven't activated their accounts.
For now, I haven't figured out how to resend activation emails. But to activate accounts manually, you just check the box next to it and then on the bottom of the page, there is an activate button.

I sent an email to inactive users (probably all of them experienced the same problem) last week to ask them to contact me if they didn't get the activation email. But I'm not sure if the email got sent out.
I'll send out another email to them, or any admins can do that.

Usually the only way we know about this is if they PM us as guests.

So if any admins get any messages from guests, just follow the above instructions Very Happy
Can't wait to see everyone else at Jing Castle!

another note: does anyone think I should just activate all the inactive users? Or should I just leave it?

And also admins take note that I think some ppl sent PMs to all the admins so if you don't see the person who contacted you on the inactive list, I probably activated it already ^^

Also after you activate anyone's account, please contact them by email to notify them
Back to top Go down
choco-late
choco-late

PostSubject: Re: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:26 am

Thanks minchong92! I was looking through the admin panel and didn't notice that. I thought "Inactive Users" was referring to users who haven't been active in the forum ever since they joined.

I guess you should just leave the inactive users as inactive until they really contacted us.

But sometimes when users said they didn't receive any activation emails, I wonder if they ever checked their junk mails? Because I had experiences before that forum activation emails sometimes goes in the junk mail.
Back to top Go down
TKder
TKder

PostSubject: Re: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:36 am

I think we could leave an important message to ensure that the users check their Junk Mailbox too? Cause I know of some cases where people do not realise that their email has filtered the activation email to their junk, so they think they haven't receive.
Back to top Go down
avada
Merchant
Merchant
avada

PostSubject: Re: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:58 am

hmm... i'm not an admin. but i have received such mails too... how can i help?
Back to top Go down
http://avada-kedevra.blogspot.com
minchong92
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:05 pm

avada wrote:
hmm... i'm not an admin. but i have received such mails too... how can i help?
just forward any PMs you've received to any admin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wendy
Forum Moderator – Imperial Guard
wendy

PostSubject: Re: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:03 pm

i asked the person who contact me to register by using hotmail, instead of yahoo, and she/he managed to received the activated e-mail.
does that mean only the activated e-mail only works for hotmail users?
Back to top Go down
choco-late
choco-late

PostSubject: Re: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:55 pm

Actually they could just use one of those temporary emails to sign up and once they signed up they can change their email through their CP. That's only for users who didn't receive the activation emails. I've tried that and works fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users   [QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[QUES - ANS] Activation email for new users
Page 1 of 1