HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jing's International Forum a.k.a Jing's Castle
Please register to access all of Jing's updated news, pics, vids etc. !!! contact minchong92 by PM as a guest if you have registering problems...
   

Share | 
 

 [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Castle Admin – Chief of Staff


Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:27 pm

For members volunteering, you must be ranked Merchant or above

Once your application is accepted, you will be on Trial Crew before joining staff officially

If you're volunteering for the subbing team, please go here:
http://jingcastle.forumotion.net/jingcastlesubs-f3/hiring-volunteer-for-subbing-team-we-re-recruiting-t790.htm

To volunteer, follow the below format:

Code:
Username:
Join Date:
Age:
What you want to help in (position):
Previous experience/background in (translating, graphics, subbing etc.):
How often do/can you come to the Castle:
What drew you to Jing and the Castle:

Positions that are open for hiring

1. Translators/Proofreaders – Scribes
Duty: Translating everything (news articles, blog posts etc.) that is in Chinese to English
Requirements:
- MUST translate minimum of 1-2 articles per week
- If you know your grammar/spelling is not up to par, send translations to proofreaders (by PM)
- Only need 1-2 proofreaders at the moment


2. Jing Castle Uploaders – Pages
Duty: Posting regular updates of Jing in designated section/subsection of the Castle and other English territories that Jing owns
Requirements:
- MUST start minimum of 5 threads per week
- Updates MUST be in English; follow posting/tagging rules


3. Graphic Designers – Artisans
Duty: In charge of all artistic aspects in the Castle (ex. layout, logo, banner)
Requirements:
- MUST be familiar with Photoshop or another image editing software (but not Paint)
- Show some of your previous works (e.g. banners, icons etc)


4. Jing Castle Subbers
Duty: Contributing to Jing's Castle Official Subbing Group (encoding, timing, translating etc.)
Requirements:
- In the process of compiling Subbing To-Do List
- Work on completing 1-2 video projects per month
- If volunteering, state what you can do/want to learn how to do


5. Castle Communicators – Messengers
Duty: Jing’s Castle main people when it comes to communicating with Jing’s other forums (Gold Typhoon, Baidu, Jing-Rock, Jing HK etc.)
Requirements:
- MUST be fluent in Chinese, reading and writing
- MUST be fluent in English
- MUST be familiar with Jing's Chinese forums


6. Forum Moderators – Imperial Guard
Duty: Enforcing Castle rules by patrolling designated section of the Castle
Requirements:
- Must visit Jing's Castle regularly, at least ONCE a day
- Must be familiar with forum rules


==============================================
You will not be considered for staff if you do not follow the above format for volunteering!
Back to top Go down
http://jingcastle.forumotion.net
greencucumber
Squire
Squire


Posts : 272
Join date : 2009-06-20
Location : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:54 am

Hello minchong, i couldn't post a reply to the Official Volunteering thread... It says i'm not eligible to post a reply there... What should I do??

~greencucumber~
Back to top Go down
minchong92
Castle Admin – Chief of Staff
avatar

Posts : 3029
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 24
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:18 pm

greencucumber wrote:
Hello minchong, i couldn't post a reply to the Official Volunteering thread... It says i'm not eligible to post a reply there... What should I do??

~greencucumber~

This is the volunteering thread for members (not yet staff).
The other thread I linked for wendy is for staff members who wish to double up in jobs

Remember that you have to have 50 posts to volunteer for positions :]

_________________
Jing's Castle is hiring! We need more qualified staff on hand hehe
Click here pretty please Embarassed


^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
Heiky
Merchant
Merchant
avatar

Posts : 69
Join date : 2009-11-10
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:19 pm

hahah.. uhoh I'm not qualified yet!

o dear~
Back to top Go down
whateva
Jing Castle Subber
Jing Castle Subber
avatar

Posts : 746
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:37 pm

Heiky wrote:
hahah.. uhoh I'm not qualified yet!

o dear~

Heiky, it's easy to qualify, just update yourself with Jing news and pictures, and along the way make some comments, and you'll make the 50 posts in no time.

I hope you are still interested in being a part of our crew.




_________________
壞了...好了...若無其事
Back to top Go down
Heiky
Merchant
Merchant
avatar

Posts : 69
Join date : 2009-11-10
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:00 pm

whateva wrote:
Heiky wrote:
hahah.. uhoh I'm not qualified yet!

o dear~

Heiky, it's easy to qualify, just update yourself with Jing news and pictures, and along the way make some comments, and you'll make the 50 posts in no time.

I hope you are still interested in being a part of our crew.




eva~~~ I think I'm involving myself in too much >< I think Minchong will not let me take up another post..... hahaha
Back to top Go down
whateva
Jing Castle Subber
Jing Castle Subber
avatar

Posts : 746
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:57 pm

Heiky wrote:
whateva wrote:
Heiky wrote:
hahah.. uhoh I'm not qualified yet!

o dear~

Heiky, it's easy to qualify, just update yourself with Jing news and pictures, and along the way make some comments, and you'll make the 50 posts in no time.

I hope you are still interested in being a part of our crew.




eva~~~ I think I'm involving myself in too much >< I think Minchong will not let me take up another post..... hahaha

oh really? minchong is just watching out for you :p


_________________
壞了...好了...若無其事
Back to top Go down
Yukiteru
Vassal
Vassal
avatar

Posts : 101
Join date : 2009-11-19
Age : 22
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:37 am

Username: Yukiteru
Join Date: 2009-11-19
Age: 15

What you want to help in (position): Proof reading. and maybe translating~

Previous experience/background in translating: not much~ but i translated some quotes and captions of jing's photos in my tumblr. i'm fluent in both chinese and english:)

How often do/can you come to the Castle: i visit the chinese forum more often as it is more updated and have quick first hand news,,,,thus i want to help to translate so that it keeps our fellow castlers updated on her news~i can make it a point to visit at least 5 times a week during holidays and 3,4 times on school days. during exams i will be on a hiatus~

What drew you to Jing and the Castle: i look upon jing as an icon, an idol that urges us not to be stereotypical of today's people. there are different types of people in this world, and we shouldn't judge people based on our preference. i am also drawn to her voice.....it is very unique. it has a special end note to it. not many people have her vocal range and the way she expresses her emotions through the songs she sing. she is just very charming!!!!

the castle is in english!!!this is what makes the castle special. i joined the castle so that i can understand and see how the fans in western countries view jing....i'm really interested at how everyone react to jing-related news and updates. i'm worried at first......whether jing will be widely accepted or not.but seeing the response in the various threads, i'm really happy that jing has a fanbase in english-speaking countries~even though some may not understand chinese, they supported jing all the way.....i'm very touched.
the castle is the only way english-speaking castlers get their daily dossage of jing poison, translated news and other goodies, so i hope i can help out, in either proofreading or translation.Smile (i got interested in this after maltbean applied~~hehheh)
Back to top Go down
http://yukiteru.tumblr.com/
minchong92
Castle Admin – Chief of Staff
avatar

Posts : 3029
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 24
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Yukiteru wrote:
Username: Yukiteru
Join Date: 2009-11-19
Age: 15

What you want to help in (position): Proof reading. and maybe translating~

Previous experience/background in translating: not much~ but i translated some quotes and captions of jing's photos in my tumblr. i'm fluent in both chinese and english:)

How often do/can you come to the Castle: i visit the chinese forum more often as it is more updated and have quick first hand news,,,,thus i want to help to translate so that it keeps our fellow castlers updated on her news~i can make it a point to visit at least 5 times a week during holidays and 3,4 times on school days. during exams i will be on a hiatus~

What drew you to Jing and the Castle: i look upon jing as an icon, an idol that urges us not to be stereotypical of today's people. there are different types of people in this world, and we shouldn't judge people based on our preference. i am also drawn to her voice.....it is very unique. it has a special end note to it. not many people have her vocal range and the way she expresses her emotions through the songs she sing. she is just very charming!!!!

the castle is in english!!!this is what makes the castle special. i joined the castle so that i can understand and see how the fans in western countries view jing....i'm really interested at how everyone react to jing-related news and updates. i'm worried at first......whether jing will be widely accepted or not.but seeing the response in the various threads, i'm really happy that jing has a fanbase in english-speaking countries~even though some may not understand chinese, they supported jing all the way.....i'm very touched.
the castle is the only way english-speaking castlers get their daily dossage of jing poison, translated news and other goodies, so i hope i can help out, in either proofreading or translation.Smile (i got interested in this after maltbean applied~~hehheh)

Just added you to trial crew ^^
Feel free to start proofreading maltbean's translations

_________________
Jing's Castle is hiring! We need more qualified staff on hand hehe
Click here pretty please Embarassed


^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
Yukiteru
Vassal
Vassal
avatar

Posts : 101
Join date : 2009-11-19
Age : 22
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:21 am

minchong92 wrote:
Yukiteru wrote:
Username: Yukiteru
Join Date: 2009-11-19
Age: 15

What you want to help in (position): Proof reading. and maybe translating~

Previous experience/background in translating: not much~ but i translated some quotes and captions of jing's photos in my tumblr. i'm fluent in both chinese and english:)

How often do/can you come to the Castle: i visit the chinese forum more often as it is more updated and have quick first hand news,,,,thus i want to help to translate so that it keeps our fellow castlers updated on her news~i can make it a point to visit at least 5 times a week during holidays and 3,4 times on school days. during exams i will be on a hiatus~

What drew you to Jing and the Castle: i look upon jing as an icon, an idol that urges us not to be stereotypical of today's people. there are different types of people in this world, and we shouldn't judge people based on our preference. i am also drawn to her voice.....it is very unique. it has a special end note to it. not many people have her vocal range and the way she expresses her emotions through the songs she sing. she is just very charming!!!!

the castle is in english!!!this is what makes the castle special. i joined the castle so that i can understand and see how the fans in western countries view jing....i'm really interested at how everyone react to jing-related news and updates. i'm worried at first......whether jing will be widely accepted or not.but seeing the response in the various threads, i'm really happy that jing has a fanbase in english-speaking countries~even though some may not understand chinese, they supported jing all the way.....i'm very touched.
the castle is the only way english-speaking castlers get their daily dossage of jing poison, translated news and other goodies, so i hope i can help out, in either proofreading or translation.Smile (i got interested in this after maltbean applied~~hehheh)

Just added you to trial crew ^^
Feel free to start proofreading maltbean's translations

thanks minchong~ yup SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
http://yukiteru.tumblr.com/
whateva
Jing Castle Subber
Jing Castle Subber
avatar

Posts : 746
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:05 pm

welcome to the crew yuki~

_________________
壞了...好了...若無其事
Back to top Go down
Yukiteru
Vassal
Vassal
avatar

Posts : 101
Join date : 2009-11-19
Age : 22
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:48 am

whateva wrote:
welcome to the crew yuki~
thankyouuuu:) *huggles*

_________________
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Back to top Go down
http://yukiteru.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers   

Back to top Go down
 
[HIRING] Staff Positions Open for Volunteers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Dennis Chambers on Billy's Open Handed Playing
» Billy, from your head to staff paper.
» Megadeth Frontman Issues Open Letter To Metallica
» Red scarf fanatics open a mall!
» Jim Chapin on open rolls and other stuff

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jing's Castle :: Jing's Castle Fan Club Bulletin :: Feedback, Q&A and Volunteer-
Jump to: