And now I present to you, our very first Jing's Castle International English Forum project ever – it’s pretty much complete except for some minor details which include being transported to Jing in Taiwan xD.
I finally sent out the Jing’s Castle b-day booklet compilation for Jing :]
It’s going to leave with genmaicha to Taiwan on 9/2.
These booklets are actually 4x6 photo albums so they’re easy to carry on hand.
Here are the two booklet covers…apologies for the writing and cover designs…blame it on my artistic skills xD
The background for the covers is the original that came with the albums. It’s quite international with the passport stamps, don’t you think?
This is the cover for the 1st booklet. Took these pictures with my cellphone so the cover’s a bit lighter than what it appears here.
Back cover for 1st booklet.
The 1st booklet consists of b-day wishes sent in by Jing. The 2nd booklet continues with the b-day wishes and then some bonus content…
All the wishes are categorized by country/region. Before each region, there’s a postcard/photo of the region (tried to find towers/classic pics; example below is Malaysia).
Cover of 2nd booklet
B-day wishes continued…
Intro to the World Vision child we’re sponsoring in Jing’s name – he’s 4 years old…just like Jing :]
Later on, there’s going to be a thread in Jing’s Castle for everyone to send their letters/messages to Wanna.
For now, we’re sponsoring Wanna for one full year. But there’s actually more to look forward to in the future hehe
Wanna’s background ^^ (please do not release his picture out of Jing's Castle
Name (姓名): Wanna Phyo
Nationality (國籍): Myanmar 緬甸
Born (出生): 09/06/06 (四歲)
Wanna lives with his parents, 1 brother, and 4 sisters. His parents struggle to provide for the family. His father is a farmer and his mother is a farmer. Despite their efforts, it is difficult to meet the family's needs.
Wanna 的家庭包括他父母, 哥哥和四個妹妹. Wanna 的父母兩是靠農業來養活. 雖然他們很努力的在養家, 但他們還是有困難滿足家庭的需要.
Wanna is growing up in a poor community in Myanmar. Families live in small homes made of bamboo with thatch roofs. Rice, vegetables and salty fish are staples of the local diet. The climate is humid with temperatures ranging between annual lows in the 50s and highs over 100 degrees.
Wanna 來自緬甸其中的窮社區. 一家人是住在竹子蓋的房屋, 屋頂是用茅草做的. 大米, 素菜和鹹魚是當地的主食食物. 當地的氣候潮濕, 氣溫介於 50度低點和高點在100度以上.
Wanna is not in school at this time. He likes to play with toys. He helps at home by doing the family chores. He is in satisfactory health.
目前Wanna還沒開始上學. 他喜歡玩玩具. 他也會在家裡幫忙做家事. 他健康狀況良好.
2nd booklet also has an intro to Jing’s Castle :]
The booklet compilation closes out with Jing Castler fanart from fangx.fang
Printed Hsuanyi’s high-resolution fanart on 4x6 photopaper. Up close, it’s so HQ x]
The back cover of the 2nd booklet = 11th fanart piece from fangx.fang
Much much thanks to all Jing Castlers for participating in this!
I bet Jing will have an awesome birthday…she’ll have to read all this English that’s contained in this booklet LOL
And especially much thanks to those who made Wanna’s child sponsorship possible.
It’s quite amazing to see fans come together to support their favorite artist in a different kind of way, it's sort of like giving back to a good cause :]
All in all, we’re making Jing Castle history and wishing Jing a happy 4th birthday as well!
Hopefully, we can be even more prepared for next year or any future projects.
This whole planning process was a really good experience.
But there's one thing we can improve in which is...more participation from Jing Castlers
And now in the meantime, please keep the Castle nice and warm~
Our Governor of the Castle may visit anytime soon hehe
======================================================[OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing
Goals: To wish Jing an original and wonderful 27th birthday on behalf of Jing's Castle International English Forum
This will be our first official project Proposed ideas that will make up a package:
1. Original song/remix/cover a. This would include all Jing Castlers' participation
b. Remix of Jing’s songs?
c. Covering Jing’s songs with audio editing XD
2. International video/audio compilation a. Jing fans introduce themselves to Jing and say happy birthday in their own languages
3. Postcards from all over the world (100+) a. Could be bought, hand-drawn, computer designed, photoshop
b. Will be most likely be compiled into a photobook
4. Donation to charity in Jing’s name a. List of charities to be drawn up below
b. Donations will be made to Jing’s Castle Paypal account and then transferred to selected charity
5. Custom made t-shirt a. Design contest?
6. Fanart…from all the artists in Jing's Castle ^^Charities List + Descriptions (Donations will be made in Jing’s name):
*The 1st charity is one that Jing once brought up in a blog post
1. Yu-Cheng Social Welfare Foundation/ Love NatureDescription: A foundation that assists mentally/physically disabled persons. Not only do the donations go to help caring for these people, it also helps support their “Love Nature” business which sells cracker-like snacks etc. With this business, the mentally/physically disabled people learn different skills.
2. Taiwan World VisionDescription: World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. For more, read here: http://www.worldvision.org.tw/en/index.htm
3. Red Cross Taiwan Description: Organization that provides humanitarian relief to areas in the world that are in need
Now this project will need participation not just from a minority, but a majority of Jing Castlers :]
Anyone wish to take charge of a specific section?
Each section will only be made possible if we have someone lead it hehehehehe
I can take charge of #2
Please post up any suggestions/specifics to be made to this plan~~~At this moment (US time), we have exactly 3 months to go until 9/06/2010!