HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jing's International Forum a.k.a Jing's Castle
Please register to access all of Jing's updated news, pics, vids etc. !!! contact minchong92 by PM as a guest if you have registering problems...

Share | 

[OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
minchong92
Castle Admin – Chief of Staff

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:51 pm

patomc wrote:
i can help with the collection of postcards in Malaysia, scanning the image & e-mail to the main organizer to print etc...just donate, dont know if it is enough or not to support this project, may this first ever project wll be super successful. All for Jing, Jing for all.

Thanks much for your donation to the bday funds :]
Just received it from the jingscastle account~
If you need any receipt, just tell me

As for the collection of postcards in Malaysia, is it ok if you PM me your address details?
I've already had one Malaysia fan email us so that we can collect her card keke

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
genmaicha
Noble
Noble

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Anyone interested in doing a collab to cover Jing's song? XD

Vassal

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Where can I send my VS gift to Jing wipping
Back to top Go down
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:43 am

genmaicha wrote:
Anyone interested in doing a collab to cover Jing's song? XD

haha maybe you could open a separate project thread for this collab
then you could list the vocal requirements XD

tendrepoison wrote:
Where can I send my VS gift to Jing wipping

email jingscastle@yahoo.com for the NA organizer address~

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
greencucumber
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:45 pm

@minchong: I've just PM you my address Wink. Oh, please take note that I've PM you twice. You can ignore the 1st PM as I've accidentally left out something there. Sorry for the slow reply Razz.
Please feel free to let me know if there are any thing else that I can help out..

@Anyone here: May I know where can I find info on how Paypal works?? Or anyone here willing to give a brief tutorial on it?? Embarassed Thanks alot in advance =)
Back to top Go down
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:33 am

greencucumber wrote:
@minchong: I've just PM you my address Wink. Oh, please take note that I've PM you twice. You can ignore the 1st PM as I've accidentally left out something there. Sorry for the slow reply Razz.
Please feel free to let me know if there are any thing else that I can help out..

@Anyone here: May I know where can I find info on how Paypal works?? Or anyone here willing to give a brief tutorial on it?? Embarassed Thanks alot in advance =)

Okay...some latest updates on Jing's b-day gift project progress

I'm going to start with some bad news though.
We're going to have to scale down on a lot of things.

For postcards, fanart and video/audio compilation - there has been little or zero response to all 3 of these items.

We're going to have to find a way to do something else - like a card booklet or something. Any ideas? We are nearing our final deadline (have to ship the gift package to genmaicha before 8/31) so it has be something simple.

There is good news though and it has a lot of value - we've received enough donations to be able to sponsor a child through World Vision in Jing's name :]
The main donator has priority in how we'll choose the kid hehe

But Jing Castlers can give some feedback on these particulars (World Vision allows us to pick the kid according to b-day, age, country etc.).

Suggestions:

- The kid's b-day could be on the same day as Jing (Sept 6th)
- His/her age could somehow be related to Jing (Jing will turn 27 this year)
for ex. 2 + 7 = 9

Please post your suggestions here~

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
genmaicha
Noble
Noble

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:25 pm

^Great suggestion with the same birthday as Jing.
As for the age, it can be 9... or 2 to tie into Jing's 2nd album/baby XD... or 3 to mark Jing's third year in showbiz hehe

Vassal

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:07 pm

or 4, cuz she answered i'm 4 when ruby asked her fake age
Back to top Go down
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:24 pm

tendrepoison wrote:
or 4, cuz she answered i'm 4 when ruby asked her fake age

lol I was catching up on jing's radio interviews with ruby
that part...was hilarious...

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
tendrepoison
Vassal
Vassal

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Okay, so I sent out the package for jing's bday. it should get there in a few days.

i've packed the vs gift bag separately cuz it won't fit in the envelope

if it is possible, can somoene repackage my gift and postcard back in the vs giftbag. tee hee hee.. i want to imagine jing's face when she sees it. muahahaha

but it's too much trouble, then forget it about it
Back to top Go down
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:06 am

^

no problem, can do that for sure :]
but the postcard may be compiled into something else...more on that later hehe

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:05 am

Hi Jing Castlers,

Jing's birthday is approaching quite soon ^^

We began planning Jing's b-day gift project a while ago. However, there is some bad news due to the minimal response.

We're going to have to scale down on a lot of project items.

For the postcards, fanart and video/audio compilation items - there has been little or zero response to all 3 of these. And so, we're going to compile everything together into a book form except for the video/audio compilation.

Besides including some fanart and postcards sent in by fans, we also need Jing Castlers' well wishes to Jing :]

Please send all your b-day wishes for Jing to jingscastle@yahoo.com
Your messages will be included in this book. Our entire gift will be presented to Jing when our representative genmaicha goes to Taiwan.

The deadline for your b-day wishes to be included in this book is exactly a week from now:
August 18, 2010 @ 12:00 am PST

I won't forget to mention some other good news hehe and it has a lot of value - we've received enough donations to be able to sponsor a child through World Vision for 1 full year in Jing's name :]

We're still accepting donations for both the World Vision sponsor (in that case, the child's 1-year sponsor will be extended) and also for the b-day project funds for compiling and sending Jing's gift package. Please send your donations through Paypal to jingscastle@yahoo.com

Lastly, do you have any items you wish to add to Jing’s b-day package?[/b][/u][/size]
- Please email jingscastle@yahoo.com to notify us
- Subject: Additional B-day Package Items
- Acceptable items include fanart, cards, posters, pictures etc.
- Please note the size of your item
- Must be within these ranges: 11 x 8-½ in (unfolded), 20 x 14 in (folded)
- Weight less than 1 lb ~ 0.5 kg
- Lastly, it must be appropriate!
- Deadline for sending additional items: August 13, 2010

If you have any questions, additional input or just wish to help out - please post here~
http://jingcastle.forumotion.net/feedback-qa-and-volunteer-f16/official-project-jings-castle-b-day-gift-for-jing-t952.htm

Thanks again and hope to receive your b-day wishes for Jing,

minchong92 (admin)

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
greencucumber
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Hello minchong and volunteers here Smile

Thanks for the updates. Am so so sorry again for my absence here for a week pale .
Am back now to follow up with the updates.

minchong92 wrote:

I'm going to start with some bad news though.
We're going to have to scale down on a lot of things.

For postcards, fanart and video/audio compilation - there has been little or zero response to all 3 of these items.

We're going to have to find a way to do something else - like a card booklet or something. Any ideas? We are nearing our final deadline (have to ship the gift package to genmaicha before 8/31) so it has be something simple.

Oh dear...
i have a number of postcards from Malaysia and other countries I think. Should we still want to carry on with the post card thingy??
But i'm not sure how long will it take to reach the US if I were to send from Malaysia by this week.
I think it will exceed the deadline here. Let me know of you are still able to receive postcards from me..

Spoiler:

Hmm.. may I know how the card booklet should look like?? confused

minchong92 wrote:

There is good news though and it has a lot of value - we've received enough donations to be able to sponsor a child through World Vision in Jing's name :]
The main donator has priority in how we'll choose the kid hehe

But Jing Castlers can give some feedback on these particulars (World Vision allows us to pick the kid according to b-day, age, country etc.).

GREAT!! This is the best part this gift Wink.
I'm quite okay with any suggestions on choosing the kid Smile.

Erm.. a suggestion here: Should we also choose a child that can speak Jing's language or any common language? keke:lol:

I will try to donate after figuring out how Paypal works...
Any brief tutorial here?? or direct website that I can refer to?
Hope that could lengthen the duration of the sponsorship Smile

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:32 pm

greencucumber wrote:
Hello minchong and volunteers here Smile

Oh dear...
i have a number of postcards from Malaysia and other countries I think. Should we still want to carry on with the post card thingy??
But i'm not sure how long will it take to reach the US if I were to send from Malaysia by this week.
I think it will exceed the deadline here. Let me know of you are still able to receive postcards from me..

Spoiler:

Hmm.. may I know how the card booklet should look like?? confused

The postcards are still possible...all depends on how fast they can get here though ^^
If they can arrive by next week to my address, please send them in physical form.

Otherwise, feel free to scan them in and send the scans to jingscastle@yahoo.com

The book compilation is going to be like a picture book of some sort. Will comprise of fang's fanart, everyone's b-day messages to Jing and the postcards (both real and scanned form)

greencucumber wrote:

GREAT!! This is the best part this gift Wink.
I'm quite okay with any suggestions on choosing the kid Smile.

Erm.. a suggestion here: Should we also choose a child that can speak Jing's language or any common language? keke:lol:

Hehe...more info on the kid we're sponsoring in my next post in this thread.

greencucumber wrote:

I will try to donate after figuring out how Paypal works...
Any brief tutorial here?? or direct website that I can refer to?
Hope that could lengthen the duration of the sponsorship Smile

Spoiler:

Here's the homepage for Paypal: www.paypal.com
The help center has Q&A for almost everything: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help

Right now, we're actually short of $59 USD to sponsor our child for a whole year.
Hoping that more Jing Castlers will step to help cover the difference :]

And then...perhaps if we receive more than enough, we can continue to sponsor the child for more than a year in Jing's name!

more info coming up in my next post keke

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
Y_Kaiqin
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:22 am

Is it ok if i email the soft copy version of the photoshop-ed birthday card/ image?
Back to top Go down
greencucumber
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:44 pm

minchong92 wrote:

The postcards are still possible...all depends on how fast they can get here though ^^
If they can arrive by next week to my address, please send them in physical form.

Otherwise, feel free to scan them in and send the scans to jingscastle@yahoo.com

Ok, thanks for the feedback Smile. Sent you a PM regarding this.

minchong92 wrote:

The book compilation is going to be like a picture book of some sort. Will comprise of fang's fanart, everyone's b-day messages to Jing and the postcards (both real and scanned form)

Sounds GREAT! Cool. I love fang's fanart. Thank you for much for compiling all of it I love you

Thanks for the info on Paypal Smile.

Back to top Go down
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Y_Kaiqin wrote:
Is it ok if i email the soft copy version of the photoshop-ed birthday card/ image?

Yep, as long as it arrives before next Tuesday PST time.
Please send to jingscastle@yahoo.com

Thanks!

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
juan
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:45 am

hi, are we suppose to send in the birthday message(solely words) or to design it?
Back to top Go down
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:48 pm

juan wrote:
hi, are we suppose to send in the birthday message(solely words) or to design it?

Words is are fine :]

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Ok...here's a preliminary overview of what is going to be included in Jing's book compilation

- Happy B-day wishes from Jing Castlers! (We're in desperate need of more wishes please please)
- Background info on the World Vision child we're sponsoring in her name (haven't yet posted the child info here, but I will soon)
Spoiler:

- Hsuanyi/fangxfang's fanart inserts
- Scans of Jing Castlers' handmade cards

I haven't completely envisioned how everything's going to look like...BUT I found something really cool online - www.zazzle.com

There're a bunch of global postcards and you can create your own postcards/buttons/much much more! We're working on a budget here...so I'm still hoping that the majority of the money can go to the World Vision sponsor yoyo

Now for the book layout, I was thinking we could make it like an interactive flip book - like for kids XD
The messages are written on the page and then the postcard is the cover for that page. When you lift the postcard up, you can read the messages.
Also, I'm thinking to save $$ (since Jing doesn't want us to spend too much money), we can leave out some specific cities (LA, SF) that could be covered by a region (ex. California)

Suggestions?

Here are the postcards/buttons in the Jing's Castle cart:

What do you guys think - circle or square?

Any other ideas for buttons?

I think we can afford a total of 4 buttons for Jing since she is 4 years old XD

=============================================

The postcards will hopefully let Jing know on how international her poison is hehe
Some postcards are also of her favorite towers~
Please please suggest any locations I may have forgotten, I'm pretty sure I did leave out some.

California

Toronto

Paris - Eiffel Tower

Shanghai

Vancouver

England

Malaysia

Australia

Los Angeles

New York

San Francisco

Tokyo

Singapore

Input please~

And please send your b-day wishes to Jing before next Tuesday!

Thank you :]

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
whateva
Jing Castle Subber
Jing Castle Subber

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks for the update minchong, I like the square button.

Noble
Noble

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:54 pm

I pick the circle button cos I always see Jing with circle ones.
The square one also looks good though.

How come the NY and SF postcards have the same picture?

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 pm

genmaicha wrote:

How come the NY and SF postcards have the same picture?

My bad muha

New York

^Oh THE BLISS~ ON HIATUS
Back to top Go down
patomc
Vassal
Vassal

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:46 am

maybe can consider heart shape Laughing ..more romantic
Back to top Go down
niki0514
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:38 am

The square one looks cool~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)   

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL PROJECT] Jing’s Castle B-Day Gift for Jing (update on page 6!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next