Jing's Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jing's Castle

Jing Chang International English Forum - Jing's Castle

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jing's International Forum a.k.a Jing's Castle
Please register to access all of Jing's updated news, pics, vids etc. !!! contact minchong92 by PM as a guest if you have registering problems...

[DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?

Go down 
+5
sport3888
meganzzz231
whateva
each
minchong92
9 posters
AuthorMessage
minchong92
Castle Admin – Chief of Staff
minchong92

[DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Empty
PostSubject: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the further apologies hehe. I haven't really been putting much time into Jing's Castle the past few months.

I guess it's never too late to start up again... xD

I'd just like to ask for feedback from everyone.
Shall we start a Jing's B-Day project for this year? And also, how does everyone feel about the last WorldVision sponsorship? Last year, we sponsored a child who had the same birthday as Jing. We were able to put together a booklet with b-day wishes for Jing. But unfortunately, we weren't able to tell Jing of the news since her record company didn't want it to give her stress.

As of now, because of a generous donor, we still have funds for any other charity-related donation.

Any ideas for this year? I was thinking of keeping things simple and low-cost, like Jing has mentioned before. Maybe something that doesn't even require paper haha. However, we can still consider the charity aspect. This year, Jing's been cheering up quite a bit ^_^

- minchong
Back to top Go down
each
Squire
Squire
each

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:50 am

i think the sponsoring should go on

how abt, using one of noir's poems & somehow change it into a song?
den each of us cover 1 / 2 lines?

Back to top Go down
whateva
Jing Castle Subber
Jing Castle Subber
whateva

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:33 pm

I agree to continuing the sponsorship, it's for a good cause.

Something paperless, I was thinking maybe a combinations of videos, of Jing's clips to dedicate to Jing, so show her we are blessed to have her.
Back to top Go down
meganzzz231
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:15 am

Just a question; Is Jing having some type of birthday party event this year? If she is, does anyone have the information on it?
Back to top Go down
minchong92
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:48 am

meganzzz231 wrote:
Just a question; Is Jing having some type of birthday party event this year? If she is, does anyone have the information on it?

probably...I'm not sure on the details on that, but I'll get back to you!

hey everyone, Jing SG is heading up their birthday project for Jing by also sponsoring a child from WorldVision

We do have charity funds left over and I've asked their committee if we could use those funds to help them out. And we can! The funds will probably go to items chosen from this catalogue: http://www.worldvision.org​.sg/giftcatalogue/gift.htm​l

feel free to give suggestions for gift items!

as for something special from Jing's Castle...I'm not sure what we'll be doing
does anyone want to head up anything special?
Back to top Go down
sport3888
Knight
Knight
sport3888

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:50 pm

oh a song sounds like a cool idea! anyone good at composing? Razz
Back to top Go down
minchong92
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 pm

sport3888 wrote:
oh a song sounds like a cool idea! anyone good at composing? Razz

ahaha only arranging loops though :>
if we do go with a song, we could write the lyrics to it!
Back to top Go down
Hsuan
Squire
Squire
Hsuan

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:59 am

I suggest one of Noir's poems. Some poems sound like a song and minchong92 can translate to English into Chinese/Mandarin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sport3888
Knight
Knight
sport3888

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:06 am

why not just keep it as English? if it's in mandarin I'll need help with pronounciation eh I also like the idea of using Noir's poems but not sure which one.

we can all help figure the melody and then decide on the tempo. But like what green said, we might not have enough time since Jing's birthday is on September 6. Might have to make this a birthday present for next year. We can all download audacity and record our voices then someone can combine everything together.
Back to top Go down
Bluestar7
Noble
Noble
Bluestar7

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:28 am

Okay, so I hadn't joined up in time for Jing's birthday last year(at least, not in time for the discussion) so I only knew about the birthday wish booklet because minchong PM-ed everyone about the final spots. So I'm not quite sure what's happening.

I'm all for the sponsoring though. Jing would be happy that we are doing something like that. As for the song, noir's poems sound like a good idea and since minchong knows how to compose, it would be awesome. Didn't her HK fanclub compose a song for her as well? It was beautiful. But the part of us singing attracts me less. I sound like a dying cat when I sing.

@sport: What's audacity? A recording software for a computer?
Back to top Go down
noir
Noble
Noble
noir

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:00 pm

@everybody- if jing saw my poems, i think i'm going to pass out. i'll still be working on the poems... but since i'm not that good at translating, can someone translate for me? thanx...
btw... you guys can decide which poems to put in... you can't put in a hundred-something poems in there, right? (I suggest the first one)
i'll leave the selection to you guys. i'll be writing more, so if you guys are stuck on what to choose, pop in and see what new lyrics/poems i've got.

....okay, if jing saw my poems/lyrics, i think i'm REALLY going to pass out. lol
Back to top Go down
noir
Noble
Noble
noir

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:08 pm

note- poem no. 173 may be a good choice, since it's all about jing....
oh and if there's anything you need to tell me, pm me.
Back to top Go down
minchong92
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:17 pm

I'm free to translate Razz

One thing though...if we don't have enough time to work on developing a whole song, we should probably just compile a mass message, which includes noir's poems

And plus, I don't think you guys should consider me as a composer or anything of that sort haha...just an arranger of loops. And I don't have the software right now. x[

Back to top Go down
noir
Noble
Noble
noir

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:33 pm

thanx, minchong Smile
Back to top Go down
genmaicha
Noble
Noble
genmaicha

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:46 pm

minchong92 wrote:

hey everyone, Jing SG is heading up their birthday project for Jing by also sponsoring a child from WorldVision

We do have charity funds left over and I've asked their committee if we could use those funds to help them out. And we can! The funds will probably go to items chosen from this catalogue: http://www.worldvision.org​.sg/giftcatalogue/gift.htm​l

feel free to give suggestions for gift items!

as for something special from Jing's Castle...I'm not sure what we'll be doing
does anyone want to head up anything special?

It's probably too late now, but why don't we continue with our own sponsorship? I still can't forget Wanna's cuteness in that last picture hehe... plus I feel really bad for stopping the sponsorship after only 1 year : (
Back to top Go down
whateva
Jing Castle Subber
Jing Castle Subber
whateva

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:44 pm

I don't mind continuing on the sponsorship too
Back to top Go down
minchong92
minchong92

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:45 am

Mmm, I wish this was communicated earlier on since I've already transferred the $$ to Jing SG's WorldVision fund :/

If we want to continue Wanna's sponsorship, I'm definitely for it. But I can't provide the preliminary funds anymore coming from my bank account since World Vision only accepts online payment through credit/debit. (In other words - complicated transferring of money mess from Paypal)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?   [DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[DISC] Jing's 2011 B-day Project and WorldVision?
Page 1 of 1